Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Alienvolm
Helper IV
Helper IV

Border with extra space for one page only

Hi, 

I'm working on a paginated report and I cannot figure out why only one of the pages of my report is showing a page border larger than the other pages. 

This is the table in my Design space: 

Screen Shot 2021-04-27 at 12.46.30 PM.png

It expands dynamically, but I have a fixed number of values for [CurrentSpace] and it shouldn't go beyond the report margins. It doesn't even generate the extra white page. 

This is how I see the same table when I run the report:

Screen Shot 2021-04-27 at 12.49.20 PM.png

It looks like the columns do not maintain the width as I see it in the design, and then the border of the page goes into Landscape rather than Portrait. 

Any suggestions? 

Thanks in advance! 

~AlienVolm

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AbhiSSRS
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

You need to remove the extra white space after the tablix on page. The way it renders is it will always add the space you left in design to the right of table after rendering the table fully , so you will see extra space and that may also cause a page break. So never leave extra space after your tablix in page specially if it has a grouped column. The width is maintained in exports unless we have "Keep Together", CanGrow etc set. also keep your column width in whole numbers eg 1in or upto 2 decimal places eg. 1.25in

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AbhiSSRS
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

You need to remove the extra white space after the tablix on page. The way it renders is it will always add the space you left in design to the right of table after rendering the table fully , so you will see extra space and that may also cause a page break. So never leave extra space after your tablix in page specially if it has a grouped column. The width is maintained in exports unless we have "Keep Together", CanGrow etc set. also keep your column width in whole numbers eg 1in or upto 2 decimal places eg. 1.25in

Thank you, I had to play a bit with it to understand what it does, but we are at an acceptable format now. 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.