Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

veeramohan_m
Frequent Visitor

Bing Map error: " the specified credentials are not valid...."

Hi,

I have created a report with map visual. When I publish this report either to my workspace or to an on-premise Power BI Report Server. I created the map visual in Power BI desktop August 2018 release. My Report Server is also August 2018 version.

I came across the following two posts in the community which did not help me resolve my issue.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/problem-with-bing-maps-The-specified-credentials-are-invali...

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Bing-Maps-error-quot-The-specified-credentials-are-invalid-...

I tried uploading the pbix file mentioned in the solution of second post to my report server but the same error was displaying.PBIRS_BingMapError.JPG

How to resolve this issue. Is this related to any firewall? or Do I need any license for bing maps?

Please provide solution.

Thanks,

Mithra

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
veeramohan_m
Frequent Visitor

The message is due to Bing map purchase. We can get a free account with a number of allowed visits to the map.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
veeramohan_m
Frequent Visitor

The message is due to Bing map purchase. We can get a free account with a number of allowed visits to the map.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors