Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Best product / partner for our use-case

Firstly, my apologies if this is in the wrong board (if so, and someone can move it, please do so).

I'm looking for advice on the best PowerBI solution to meet our technical needs and possibly a recommendation on which Partner to work with in relation to deployment / implementation.

Our business provides a Digital Work Instructions suite to a broad range of international clients. Our clients use our software to assist them in manufacturing processes and as a result, gather a large amount of process data which they would then like to analyse.

Our end users range from power users with extensive DB and programming knowledge (who will want to design, build and modify reports) through to line-workers who just need to see a chart to let them know how the current run is progressing. Some clients have power users, some don't. All clients have basic users. We also need the ability for our staff to build a set of general reports that we can deploy to all clients.

The sales / delivery model we use allows our clients to fall into one of three basic categories; cloud based (SaaS), on-premise (the majority of our client base currently) and finally on-premise secure (i.e. no external or internet access from our application server hosted on site). We need to provide the same level of analytics and reporting to all these clients and also to be able to deploy new reports to them all. For our on-premise secure clients we need a means by which we can package up and export / import new reports / dashboards to them (this doesn't need to be an integral feature, it just needs to be reasonably straightforward to do).

We're based in the West Midlands in the UK but our clients are worldwide.

I realise this is a potentially complex set of circumstances but if anyone can offer any advice / pointers, I'd be very grateful and if anyone has any questions, please ask!

Thanks in advance,

Andrew Flower

Techincal Projects Manager: NoMuda Limited

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.