Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

lgelhaar
Frequent Visitor

BUG - File - Print this page from a Power BI report is blank

For some reason,  when users try to print a Power BI report to PDF it is just a blank page.   Using the File, Print this page menu option in Power BI,  It seems to be happening to everyone in the company today, 12/8/2022.  Most users are using the chrome brower.  However, problem also occurs with the edge browser.  As a work around I have users just taking a screen prints of the reports and then print out.  Please fix this issue.

lgelhaar_0-1670507956746.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @lgelhaar ,

This issue has been confirmed as a known issue internally. (Internal ICM ID: 354300929)

As a workaround, users can use “Export as PDF” feature to print their reports.

The expected fix time is around the end of this month.

Please be patient to wait for fixing. If there is any news, I will update it here.

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @lgelhaar ,

This issue has been confirmed as a known issue internally. (Internal ICM ID: 354300929)

As a workaround, users can use “Export as PDF” feature to print their reports.

The expected fix time is around the end of this month.

Please be patient to wait for fixing. If there is any news, I will update it here.

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

astevens
Advocate II
Advocate II

I just started having this issue in my organization as well first seen today. We have a process involving weekly report prints so started between 12/7 and today, at least for us. Just thought I'd add a comment of support.

d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

If you are seeing this issue in the on-prem Report Server then you should raise a support ticket. If you are seeing it in the service (app.powerbi.com) then it looks like they are working on a fix for that.

cbcolleenb

Do you know when you will have this resolved?

Also having this issue!

Tutu_in_YYC
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar
jbarta_mlchc
Helper II
Helper II

I was curious if under Options, is Background graphics checked when the report opens in PDF to print. I have noticed that some reports don't show some tables or graphs if that is not checked. Might be something to check to see if it is affecting your reports. 

jbarta_mlchc_0-1670522462269.png

lgelhaar_0-1670523872115.png

Still blank with Background graphics selected

I did just open one report and it was blank. I am on the September 2022 release of Power BI Report Server. If I toggled the Background graphics check box on and off it made the report appear. I also tested if I changed from Portrait to Landscape the report appeared. Definitely seems like something is off, but if you are looking for a workaround, making one of those changes might make it appear.

Toggling from Protrait to Landscape just changed the background to gray, so I am still having an issue.

There might be some helpful tips in this article to help you. I do agree that there seems to be some sort of bug, but printing has always been an issue with Power BI. Sorry none of those helped, but maybe there is something in this article:

Printing Power BI Reports Workaround | Senturus

PritamA
Frequent Visitor

I just tested with our May 2022 version but dont see any issue with pdf. 

Browser : Chrome  (Version 108.0.5359.71)

Our company most likely has a more recent update then May 2022.   Still having issue with printing Power BI reports.

We are seeing this here too and none of the solutions offered have resolved the issue.

We are experiencing the same issue. 

Hi, did this get resolved?  I get this as well recently and nothing works to fix it.

Hi Igelhaar,

We have the same problem - as of Wednesday 7th December users only see blank pages when they attempt to print pages directly from the PowerBI service

@nathanedgar @cbcolleenb 

Not resolved yet, but Microsoft team is working on it. See update here
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Bug-in-Print-this-page/idi-p/2958730

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.