Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

BI Dev Consultancy

Hi, 

A company contacted me for Bi Development. They have data bases and I will be helping them in developing the Power BI dashboards and reports. 

But before dev task starts they need a standard documentation for the scope, project resouces, requirements, timeline and all the project management asspects.

Are there any templates available for such consultancy? (paid or free no problem.)

I am a certified PBi DA-100 but project management is not my expertise so any ideas will help me. 

Thanking you gentelmen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Shahfaisal
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

If project managemnt is not your strong suit, I would be honest and upfront with hiring manager. Also, if you are open to learning project management, you can ask them if they are willing to provide on-the-job training.

I am sure there is material out there on the web for Power BI documentation (scope/requirements, timeline, etc.) like below but these may or may not work for your needs.

https://athena-solutions.com/pdfs/templates/BIGuidebook%20Templates%20-%20BI%20Requirements.docx

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

In Power BI Community, we can help you to solve specific needs based on technical support. But for project management, I'm afraid we can't help you much. This part requires you and your team to communicate based on specific scenarios and requirements. And it also needs business knowledge, experience, etc.

If you need any technical support in the future, please post on the forum and we will be happy to help you.😉

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Shahfaisal
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

If project managemnt is not your strong suit, I would be honest and upfront with hiring manager. Also, if you are open to learning project management, you can ask them if they are willing to provide on-the-job training.

I am sure there is material out there on the web for Power BI documentation (scope/requirements, timeline, etc.) like below but these may or may not work for your needs.

https://athena-solutions.com/pdfs/templates/BIGuidebook%20Templates%20-%20BI%20Requirements.docx

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.