Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

LeonardPoinsot

Azure MySQL - Architecture advices

Hello all,

I have a case where we have data processed and stored in BigQuery Google service and have to transpose it to Azure MySQL and connect it to PBI to allow several users to develop dashboards and read them.

What we chose to transfer data is to go from big query to google cloud storage and split the DataFrames in CSVs 

Then from GCS to Azure for MySQL and UNION those CSV, the final result will be two DataFrames with approx 70M rows. (25 gigs of data in CSV), I believe a daily refresh will be more than enough.

Relative to this I have several questions:

- Is Azure MySQL a good choice of DB to tackle this problem or should I use another service: Azure SQL, Azure spark...?

- In terms of data load it will be impossible to work with the full dataset locally and direct query is not available on MySQL, is it possible to define the database structure, types.. in the web version, program incremental imports and work locally with only a portion of the dataset ? I remember having issue when trying to have the whole data loaded on the web and loading only a sample locally...

- Do you have an idea of the pricing plan we should go for to support this data load? The free PBI version only allows to store dashboards with 1 Gig of data I believe.

Thanks for your answers =D

L

1 REPLY 1
LeonardPoinsot

Please le me know if I should provide more details or if the questions are unclear...

best,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.