Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MrNoob
Helper II
Helper II

Autorefresh for select queries skipping another

I have a report that has roughly 8 queries in it, i then combine the data into an extremely useful report.  However, i would like to use the scheduled refresh on the report server to keep all but one query up to date.  However, i cannot as my IT department won't install the connector for one server, so I am unable to save the credentials.  

Which in turn, does not allow me to schedule a refresh.   Does anyone have an idea for a workaround, and or a fix to skip one query in the refresh on the report server refresh?  

Otherwise, my way of refresh is to edit the file on the power BI server, click refresh, wait for all the data to load, save the file.  It is not hard however, i would like to see more up to date information.

2 REPLIES 2
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Right-click the query and do not include it in refresh.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

yes this works for the desktop, however once on the report server, it gets ran.  Maybe in a future Report Server update.  😞

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.