Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

kenymaciel
Helper I
Helper I

Automatic report Refresh in Power BI Report Server with Sharepoint On-Premise

Hi,

I have a report in Power BI Report Server and it has a connection to Sharepoint On-Premise, I know that it is not possible to schedule an automatic refresh.

But is there any workaround to solve this problem?

Tks_

9 REPLIES 9
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kenymaciel ,

Has your problem been solved, if so, please consider Accept a correct reply as the solution or share your own solution to help others find it.

Best Regards
Lucien

v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @kenymaciel ,

Based on your description, you encountered a problem when trying to connect SharePoint to File Explorer.

When you connect SharePoint to File Explorer, you need to meet some conditions, may I confirm whether you have fulfilled these conditions in this article?

About one of the conditions, since you mentioned that you have already add the link to the "Trusted Sites", we also recommend that you can add the following links to it:

vluwangmsft_1-1646120913027.png

Similar questions refer:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/access-denied-when-connecting-sharepoint-to-f... 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Best Regards

Lucien

Jferrer
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @kenymaciel,

You should be able to schedule a refresh using the subscriptions on the report server site. This dashboard is connecting to a an on-premises sharepoint list. See below:

Jferrer_0-1645730976135.png

hi @Jferrer ,

Here on the forum there is a post saying that the automatic refresh with Sharepoint does not work.

But anyway, put your settings here like this:

Error.jpg

tks

Here is how it is set up on PowerB Desktop. This data source is pointing to a sharepoint list. Make sure that the account you are using to connect to sharepoint has atleast read permissions. The sharepoint admin can do that.

I am using Report Server Sept 2021 version.

Jferrer_0-1645732768399.png

This is how it shows up in Report Server:

Jferrer_2-1645732849517.png

I'm using Sharepoint "Folder" and you "List", is this the problem?

I'm querying some Excel XLSX.

error2.jpg

Is it an excel file that is in a sharepoint folder? If so, you can just select an Excel data source and url path to it like below:

Jferrer_0-1645734021145.png

yes, I have several Excel files in a folder on Sharepoint.

I tried to create an Excel data source but when I put the folder URL the following message is displayed.

error3.jpg

 I already add the SharePoint site URL to Trusted Sites list, but the error remains.

Do you have access to view that spreadsheet with the account you are currently opening PowerBi with? It seems that the account you are trying to connect to the excel sheet with does not have access.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.