cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DaveW Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: August release - Failed to load expression host assembly

Thanks for that, I made these changes yesterday and could open the Power BI reports but a colleague couldn't even after he refreshed his cache. 

Not sure this is related but it appears when you publish new reports to the Report Server and go to manage the report in the URL, there isn't the option to: As the Viewer Viewing the report.  Has the upgrade changed this capability?

Could this be why my colleague is not able to open the reports.  We have the Report Server on a separate box to the SQL Server.

Does this upgrade take into account any mods made for kerberos settings in the config file?

Moderator mgmeyer

This sounds like a differant issue and unrelated to the config file changes. By 'As the viewer viewing the report' I assume you're referring to the DataSource properties settings. What type of DataSource are you trying to edit PBIX or RDL? Also what type of DataSource are you connecting to?

Ccparkhill Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

All RDL reports are now rendering sucessfully after updating the config files and restarting the service. We were not using snapshots or caching. Also, not all of our RDL reports were affected by this issue. 

When can we expect to see an updated installer? Thanks.

kelly_darren Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

@Ccparkhill Did you just update part of the config files or the whole file?  @jtarquino didn't respond to my earlier query so I still don't know if we should still be looking at updating the whole file!!

Thanks

Ccparkhill Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

@kelly_darren I replaced the entire assemblyBinding section in each file with the text @jtarquino posted in message 17. 

kelly_darren Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

@Ccparkhill I missed the fact that the supplied XML was only the Assembly Binding....thats what you get for reading on a phone.  Thank you for the clarification.

Moderator mgmeyer

We're going to try and get a patch update out for this sometime this week.

motoray Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Any news on the patch yet?

Highlighted
PBIuser01 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Partial fix only ---   

We had the same issue after running the August PBIRS upgrade.  After modifying both config files following the directions outlined by jtarquino, the report builder based reports successfully loaded ( so far, for the ones we tested)

With the input from others, problem below was from the Chrome cache, that needs to be cleared out.....

Thanks  @pdbenbow@adrez86

But,  the Power BI Desktop reports are NOT  now WORKING.  They just hang, with the 'loading data' spinning round and round.

Tried uploading the PBI Desktop reports from PBI desktop, but that did not do anything.

Now what?  did changing the ProcessingObjectModel  break the newer PBI desktop reports, while allowing the older Report Builder reports to work?  

adrez86 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Have you tried deleting the cache on the browser you're using? That worked for me on the loading hangup for BI reports

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community News & Announcements

Community News & Announcements

Get your latest community news and announcements.

Summit North America

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

MBAS Gallery

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Users Online
Currently online: 408 members 4,154 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: