cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
biggerpez Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

August Report Server Update - IE 11 (was Chrome, but Chrome resolved)

We have installed the August update of RS server in a dev environment and no reports now render in chrome, we just get the Loading data with revolving dots.

Reports that require interaction also crash internet explorer when switching between pages or having any form of interaction with them after between 10-30 seconds.

Any suggestions welcome, as in its current form it is unusable in our environment.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Power BI Team mgmeyer
Power BI Team

Re: August Report Server Update - Chrome

@pbx & @ForcaTaico we just published a patch build that I believe addresses this issue, I tested several cases and wasn't able to repro. Can you update to the latest and let me know if you still seeing the issue?

View solution in original post

Frequent Visitor

It is the only version of PowerBI reporting Server available on the main download page, it is effectively a new install.

Download Power BI Report Server

View solution in original post

33 REPLIES 33
Frequent Visitor

Clearing the cache has worked for Google Chrome, but still waiting a resolution for IE 11.

acbarker Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

In IE11, Tools > Internet Options > Delete (browsing history) > Uncheck the "Preserve favorites ..." checkbox at the top. 

pbx Member

I am noticng the same issue with IE 11, even opening the page in priavte mode in IE 11 doesn't help.

ForcaTaico Member

We also have an issue with Internet Explorer 11 crashing after some interactions with the reports.

...It works in Chrome and Edge.

Power BI Team mgmeyer
Power BI Team

@ForcaTaico & @pbx can either of you provide a set of repro steps to get this to happen? We're investigating this from our end.

ForcaTaico Member

Hi @mgmeyer

IE 11 version 11.547.16299.0. August versions of PBIRS and PBI-Desktop for RS.

In my case I have a Power BI Report with 4 columns-charts with a 'live connection' to a SSAS MD cube on a SQL2016. When I use cross highlighting multiple times at some point 'Internet Explorer' crashes. 

No issue in Chrome or Edge.

If I choose to debug in VS2017 a get the following:

debugVS2017.PNG

Power BI Team mgmeyer
Power BI Team

Thanks, I just tried it on my end with an import model and it worked with no issues, I'll give SSAS MD a try to see if that is the culprit however not sure if it would be in this case as I would expect an issue there would fail in Chrome and Edge.

pbx Member

I tried with various reports and all show the problem. For instance with a report based on embeded data, all it takes is about 8 to 10 clicks on a bar column that does cross highlighting/filtering with other charts and it crashes .

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Power BI Team mgmeyer
Power BI Team

Looks like you both have a slightly older build of IE than I do, can you try updating to this KB and let me know if your still seeing the issue:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4343205/cumulative-security-update-for-internet-explorer

ie11version.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in 2020

New Ranks and Rank Icons in 2020

Read the announcement for more information!

New Kudos Given Badges Coming

New Kudos Given Badges Coming

We're rolling out new Kudos Given badges. Find out how many Kudos you've given.

November 2019 Community Highlights

November 2019 Community Highlights

Get an overview of the events and great community content from November.

Power Platform World Tour

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)