Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

biggerpez
Frequent Visitor

August Report Server Update - IE 11 (was Chrome, but Chrome resolved)

We have installed the August update of RS server in a dev environment and no reports now render in chrome, we just get the Loading data with revolving dots.

Reports that require interaction also crash internet explorer when switching between pages or having any form of interaction with them after between 10-30 seconds.

Any suggestions welcome, as in its current form it is unusable in our environment.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

@pbx & @ForcaTaico we just published a patch build that I believe addresses this issue, I tested several cases and wasn't able to repro. Can you update to the latest and let me know if you still seeing the issue?

View solution in original post

It is the only version of PowerBI reporting Server available on the main download page, it is effectively a new install.

Download Power BI Report Server

View solution in original post

33 REPLIES 33

Updating to this patch version and IE11 to most recent release and clearing cache has resolved the issue, and we are now OK to release to the business as a whole.

This is good news! Where can I download this patch?

Hi @mgmeyer

Thanks for the update. My tests so far have been good, the issue has not come up again. However it would be great to hear from others with lower IE 11 build version as well, because like others we are on SMS and people cannot update their IE.

BTW, what else was fixed in this patch? The change log is not up to date.

Hi @mgmeyer

We have just installed the lastest patch. But I still have the issue. Though on my secondary PC, which hvae older version of Windows and IE, there no problems.

PC with IE crash:

Windows 10 1709 (16299.547)

IE = 11.547.16299.0

PC without IE crash:

Windows 10 1703 (15063.1206)

IE = 11.1206.15063.0

I will try to get IT to roll out a newer version of IE and report back here if it solves the issue.

Hi again @mgmeyer

I got Windows upgraded:

Now i'm on:

Windows 10 1803 (17134.191)

IE 11.165.17134.0

And the issue is gone!

Why we came across cache problem in every upgrade. Don't you have solution to prevent these problem

It is irritating.

It is called "crowd testing". Apparently a new way of doing software QA. I am actually referring to the fact that there are always critical bugs after the release.... but can't complain that much... if you don't have too much money for other tools, this is good enough 🙂

Gday, 

Confirmed on IE 11.0.9600.19080 after cache deletion. We get about 16 clicks on a filter bar graph before the crash. Repeatable 100% of the time. We cant just upgrade IE either given we are on a software management system.

Cheers, Chris.

Upgraded IE 11 to the latest patch, still have the issue after 8 interactions. OS is Windows 7 64-bit.

Capture.PNG

biggerpez
Frequent Visitor

Clearing the cache has worked for Google Chrome, but still waiting a resolution for IE 11.

In IE11, Tools > Internet Options > Delete (browsing history) > Uncheck the "Preserve favorites ..." checkbox at the top. 

Thanks but doesn't resolve issue.

I am noticng the same issue with IE 11, even opening the page in priavte mode in IE 11 doesn't help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.