Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

johndkn
Frequent Visitor

August Preview: custom visual doesn't seem to render

Hi,
In the august preview of power BI report server, custom visuals don't seem to render (on the server) whereas they are rendering on power BI desktop. Is it a known issue ? Anyway to solve this ?

We are using SSAS live connections
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

We've published an updated version of the August Preview that should address this issue; download it here: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/report-server/ (scroll down to "Download Preview")

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24
Bokkiem
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

Clearing the browser cache has not worked for me.

I am still not able to view tables and matrices when I publish a report to the Report Server.

this is driving my nuts.

If anyone can assist - it would be greatly apreciated.

Could you confirm:

• The build # of Power BI Report Server you're running (Help > About Power BI Report Server in the web portal).
  • Any errors in your web browser console (usually F12).

Thank you!

This solved the mystery.

The DBS'a has installed the wrong (June edition) instead of the August Preview!!!

I should have checked this first thing!!! I will know for next time!!! 🙂

Glad it's working as expected now.

robrien6
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

any news on this?  a week has gone by.....

We've published an updated version of the August Preview that should address this issue; download it here: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/report-server/ (scroll down to "Download Preview")

It would be good if Gantt chart supports hours, minutes and seconds. As of now its supporting only for year, month, week and Day. 

Is there any updates related to Gantt chart?

Also on this, for the community members who are investing therir time and effort in trying the preview products and providing feedback, is there a changelog/issue log that we can reference to know what to expect from the releases? 

I'm refering not to the major release notes on the blog, but to the issues and fixes raised subsequent to the main preview release being made.

We recently started publishing a change log for generally-available releases and any subsequent updates: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/reportserver-changelog/. We haven't yet extended it to Preview releases such as this one, but we're open to your feedback about whether that'd be useful.

Hi,

I think that would be great.  as an early adopter of the preview software, I think there's a recognition that it's not the finished product and has some known/yet to be discovered square edges that need to be rounded off.  A blog/changelog for it would help enormously when these are found by other community menbers or a fix becomes available as a singgle reference point (rather than having to trawl across different threads to see if the behaviour we see is known/expected/being worked on/fixed in a later release etc.

Putting the preview in the changelog would help. Working off a SQL source, the June version forced one of my customers to consider a migration to SSAS for their datamart (we're currently using plain SQL) so we need to follow closely how the newest PBI RS is evolving.

It would also be great if the PBI RS changelog had an RSS feed.

I just had the same issue reported in this thread with table and matrix objects imported from a PBIX authored in the August version of the "regular" desktop. They would show in PBI Desktop RS August preview, but not in PBI RS August preview (that we just downloaded). Clearing Chrome's cache solved it, so thanks to the person earlier in the thread who suggested it.

------------------------------------------------
1. How to get your question answered quickly - good questions get good answers!
2. Learning how to fish > being spoon-fed without active thinking.
3. Please accept as a solution posts that resolve your questions.
------------------------------------------------
BI Blog: Datamarts | RLS/OLS | Dev Tools | Languages | Aggregations | XMLA/APIs | Field Parameters | Custom Visuals

Its an improvement - the visuals now appear.  However they still dont actually filter the report.

Try the Timeline slicer from Microsoft for example.  That visual now appears in the PBIRS report, but does not apply any filters when used.

I was able to reproduce that issue and the team is working on it.

Hi Riccardo,

Any update on custom visual not working properly? Whwn is the next preview update coming?

thanks

Mayur

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi all, 

I can reproduce the same issue in Power BI report server August preview version. The custom visuals eg: Timeline slicer and Bullet chart not render in web portal. 

DesktopDesktopWeb portalWeb portal

Do you have any ideas? @chrisfin@mgmeyer@riccardomuti

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@chrisfin and team are looking into this issue.

pmetaliya
Frequent Visitor

Same problem here. 

johndkn
Frequent Visitor

Anyone from the Power BI team ?

Claster
Advocate II
Advocate II

We have the same problem! And in this article https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-report-server-august-2017-preview-now-available/ mention about new table and matrix visuals but it's doesn't work

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.