Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

codecae
Frequent Visitor

August 2018 Update - Power BI Reports infinitely "Loading Data..."

I performed an update of the Power BI Report Server from March 2018 to August 2018 and am finding now that none of my Power BI Reports are rendering!  Instead, the screen shows nothing but infinitely spinning dots and the words "Loading Data..." 

I have attempted the workarounds in other discussions but nothing seems to be working!  Our environment is using constrained delegation and I am able to test the connections successfully when going to the "Manage"->"Data Sources" page for any given report.  There doesn't appear to be any authentication or authorization issues.

I left a report "running" for nearly an hour and nothing is happening -- no errors or anything.. just.. nothing 😞  Usually these reports run in seconds, as they are running against a high-performance SSAS model.

Anyone have any thoughts on how to get this working?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
muchinski
Resolver II
Resolver II

Cleaning your browser cache sould solve this issue.

This cache problem was discussed on another thread and this seems to be the last version with this problem.

By the way, there is a note on the announcemnet blog post:

"Please note: For those users who are upgrading their report server from a previous version, we recommend clearing your browser cache before viewing your reports."

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.