Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rommel20
Resolver I
Resolver I

August 2017 Version GA Availability?

Hi Microsoft BI Team,

ANyone here knows the exact date when the August 2017 verion of REport Server will available? Our client dont want to install the preview version and we need the date when this version on GA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

11 REPLIES 11
prazzy88
Helper I
Helper I

We badly need this GA, as we need to give users ability to show last six months data dynamically in power bi report server, for that dataset import is very important. Hope we get it soon.

The fall (october) release is available now https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/new-version-of-power-bi-report-server-now-available/

Regards

-Jaime

@jtarquino Do we get Power BI desktop August GA with this download link? It says Report server will have capabilities from Preview version. Any idea on when GA for desktop will be available?

@prazzy88 wrote:

@jtarquino Do we get Power BI desktop August GA with this download link? It says Report server will have capabilities from Preview version. Any idea on when GA for desktop will be available?

Latest desktop version is also available at the same download link. Basically go https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/report-server/ and then click on Advanced download options. 

@vickyd: ya i saw that,but it doesn't say whether its GA or preview version. There is no official word that GA is available. Are you sure the Desktop version provided with report server is GA version?

The ocotber release is indeed GA

@vickyd so should we uninstall the previous version and install these? or the installation itself will detect previous versions of desktop & report server and we can update it?

yes you can just upgrade (if you were using the august preview you will need to republish your PBI reports)

vickyd
Helper V
Helper V

Last information I received on a similar question is that it will be released in the middle of this quarter so somewhere around 15th Nov. No specific dates have been provided. 

Note: There will most likely be more features included than what's in the August Preview version. 

Do you know other's feature icluded in this GA?

Actually were looking for  DIRECT QUERY and SCHEDULE REFRESH.

Scheduled Refresh, Direct Query, Unlimited PBIX file sizes, a Fix for the ability to download CSV directly from the browser, a Fix for the Treemap Visual not loading in the 64-bit version of PBIRS Desktop and a Fix for compatibility with the OKViz Smart Filter custom visual should be included as a minimum as far as we are concerned.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.