Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Analysis in Excel with already designed Power BI reports

Hi, 

I'm searching a way to just export the report which has been designed in Power BI report to excel. 

But seems it's not convenient by using analysis in Excel function. It will only export the data into a blank pivot in excel. 

I also found one way to use Power BI publisher add-in in excel to connect to the Power BI report. 

Is that possible to use Power BU publisher to display the same report in excel ? And where I can download the add-in ? 

Thanks!

Jack

1 REPLY 1
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm searching a way to just export the report which has been designed in Power BI report to excel. 

But seems it's not convenient by using analysis in Excel function. It will only export the data into a blank pivot in excel. 

No you can't export a report to Excel. You can export the data behind a single visual to Excel or CSV. But you cannot export a whole report.

I also found one way to use Power BI publisher add-in in excel to connect to the Power BI report. 

Is that possible to use Power BU publisher to display the same report in excel ? And where I can download the add-in ? 

Power BI publisher let you go the other way. You could publish an Excel report to PowerBI.com, but it did not let you bring a Power BI report into Excel. And I'm not sure if that add-in is available anymore I think I heard it was retired, and all the links now just take you to the Analyze in Excel documentation.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.