Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

LiquidTokyo
Frequent Visitor

An error occurred while attempting to save the report to Power BI Report Server

Hello,

I am getting the error mentioned above when I try to deploy a Power BI Report to Power BI Report Server. The odd thing however is that the report gets fully saved to the Report Server, and can be opened there, yet the error message shows up.

Is this a known issue / has someone else encountered this before?

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
jayakulkarni
Regular Visitor

Hi Scarlet,

I am struggling with the same error. I installed a previous version of report server and desktop optimized for that report server, still the same error. 

Were you able to resolve the error and could you please describe how? Really appreciate the help.

Thanks in advance.

Jaya

v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @LiquidTokyo ,

What is the specific error message reported? Can you provide the relevant screenshot information and describe it.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

Hello Henry,

in Power BI Desktop, I go to "Save As" and then select Power BI Report Server with the right URL.
Upon saving, I get this error message: 

ScarletShiver_0-1667815059757.png

However when I check on the Power BI Report Server, the Report is fully deployed.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.