Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AmberM
Helper II
Helper II

Allow external users to edit shared reports

How do I allow external users to edit shared reports? The selection is greyed out.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I think this has been postfed in wrong forum you need to reach out to Power BI service team forum to see if any one can assist you. 

Sorry I was thinking Power BI report server. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

You have to give the user a Role Permission which allows to edit the reports. Its similar to your Native mode SSRS permissions. Go to report manager and manage the role for the user which allwos to edit. Either you can customize or use the pre defined roles 

Refer - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/reporting-services/security/role-definitions-predefined-roles.

Hoep this helps.

I need to be able to share within the Power BI service with Power BI Pro? We do not have Power BI Premium or Power BI Report Server?

I think this has been postfed in wrong forum you need to reach out to Power BI service team forum to see if any one can assist you. 

Sorry I was thinking Power BI report server. 

Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.