Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

moq

After update powerbi reports not generating in html iframes

Hey Crew,

I used to have Power BI reports working in html IFrames on my intranet but it no longer works.

What used to happen is someone opens the intranet page and a prompt box comes up. The user then enters their details and if they have access they see the report...

If they don't have access they are presented with an error "This content can’t be shown in a frame. There is supposed to be some content here, but the publisher doesn’t allow it to be displayed in a frame. This is to help protect the security of any information you might enter into this site."

Since upgrading to 1.1.6514.9163 the logon prompt box is still presented but once logging in the frame is blank.

I have tested non powerbi elements and confirm iframe is working in my intranet and it seems to be just powerbi reports.

an example of the iframe is:

<iframe width=1000 height=750 frameborder="1" src="https://reportserver.abc.123/ReportServer/Pages/ReportViewer.aspx?%2fApps%2fProActiveReports%2fRPT_R..."> </iframe> 

I don't want to revert to the previous version yet...what change can I make to ensure the iframes work again on my intranet? 

Cheers alot in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @moq,

Which reports do you want to embed? If it's a power bi report, the URL should points to web portal instead of report server, see: Quickstart: Embed a Power BI report using an iFrame and URL parameters

Also please run the report in web portal to make sure the report works fine. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @moq,

Which reports do you want to embed? If it's a power bi report, the URL should points to web portal instead of report server, see: Quickstart: Embed a Power BI report using an iFrame and URL parameters

Also please run the report in web portal to make sure the report works fine. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks so much @v-qiuyu-msft

Have confirmed changing m link to the web portal has fixed it.

Have a great day,

Peace

MOQ

moq

Hey Crew,

I used to have Power BI reports working in IFrames on my intranet but it no longer works.

What used to happen is someone opens the intranet page and a prompt box comes up. The user then enters their details and if they have access they see the report...

If they don't have access they are presented with an error "This content can’t be shown in a frame. There is supposed to be some content here, but the publisher doesn’t allow it to be displayed in a frame. This is to help protect the security of any information you might enter into this site."

Since upgrading to 1.1.6514.9163 the logon prompt box is still presented but once logging in the frame is blank.

I have tested non powerbi elements and confirm iframe is working in my intranet and it seems to be just powerbi reports.

an example of the iframe is:

<iframe width=1000 height=750 frameborder="1" src="https://reportserver.abc.123/ReportServer/Pages/ReportViewer.aspx?%2fApps%2fProActiveReports%2fRPT_R..."> </iframe> 

I don't want to rever versions yet...what change can I make to ensure the iframes work again on my intranet? 

Cheers,

Dean

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.