Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

hokiefan1113
Advocate I
Advocate I

Adjust to local time on report server

So my organization's time zone is EST, but when I uploaded it to report server, the last updated time is an hour behind (it SHOULD say 12:25PM, which is my current time). What's the easiest way to fix this so it reflects correctly in report server, but isn't an hour ahead of the actual time in the desktop file (don't want it to say last updated at 1:25PM in the desktop version)???

timezoneissue.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

What Datasource do you are using?

It is possible to use a date from the datasource if the source stayes in the same timezone to the report server

@Anonymous Right now that "Last Updated Time" card is from a custom column (GetDate = NOW()) in my dataset. I've read that using the NOW() function will return UTC time, so there has to be another solution that displays the correct time on PBIRS as well as on desktop

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah okay, you created the date field in powerbi. 

Take a look here, this should solve your problem: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Convert-UTC-to-local-time-zone-in-DAX/td-p/43328

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.