Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

maserr
Helper IV
Helper IV

Access to AD Group by AD User

Hi,

We would need to know the Group of Active Directory where the user that is accessing SSRS corresponds to. In Reporting services we are able to access to the User_ID parameter but we need to check the group of this user and we are not able to access to this parameter.

How we colud achieve that?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@maserr 

You can connect to Active Directory from Power BI Desktop following the instructions in this blog, load user table into Desktop. You may also refer to the similar blog and thread, user account status are controlled by the userAccountControl attribute, you may expand userAccountControl column from user table in Power BI Desktop.

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

If you are referring to how users get access to the reports, then it is the same Active Directory.

If you are referring to who has access the reports, you can query this.

If neither of the above, can you please expand on your question with examples.

Regards,

George

Hi George,

Yes, I was referring to who has access the reports and how to query the group where the user corresponds to. I know I can easily find the User_ID in a parameter, but I would find out the Group_ID or Role_ID.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @maserr 
I'm still unclear on what your issue is, but her goes what I think.
First, ensure setting has been set on the Report server Site
Click on the Setting COG then go to Site Settings, go to Security and then
Select + Add Group or user
enter your AD user (three characters) select all options
Click OK
Repeat this process for users
Select + Add Group or user
enter domain users
Select Browser
Click OK
You can now save to the report server directly from the Power BI Desktop
You can individually do this for individual reports by clicking on the ellipse on either the report or folder and following the process above
If you are referring to the actual access to what is in the report, you can use Row Level Security (RLS). You will need to add the roles under the modelling tab to filter what is needed.
Then you will need to give access to user like the steps above, but go to the Row-Level Security menu on the left and add the users/roles and link them to the models you created in your report. Note you still need them to be in the security section as well.

Cheers,

@Anonymous 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.