Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Access the Admin Portal

Hi,

I am new to the Power BI administration. I am trying to get access to the admin potal of our PBIRS environments, but I am not able to.

This is an on premise environment

I am a system administrator, and here is what I see in the settings:

1-My subscriptions

2-Site settings

I need to get access to all teh report metrics to better manage and govern the environments.

I checked the below link, but it seems like it more about the cloud version of PBIRS. 

Appreciate any help! 

Majid

3 REPLIES 3
AdrianBuzgau
Regular Visitor

Hi, I also would like to turn on Auditing from the On Prem PowerBI Server is there a way to turn on Auditing?

d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

There is no separate admin portal with metrics for the on-prem Power BI Report Server. If you want execution metrics you can build your own reports or data model over the execution log view see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/reporting-services/report-server/report-server-executionlog-and...

We have our own ETL process which pulls this information into a separate database since the execution log only retains the data for something like 90 days and we did not want to bloat the size of the ReportServer database.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @d_gosbell . Appreciate that!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.