Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

MartinF
Frequent Visitor

Access Power BI Report Server from IOS and Windows 10 App

​Hi all,

I have an issue with opening Power BI Reports which are available on Power BI Report Server (August 2017 Preview Release) with IOS and Windows 10 Power BI Apps. My reports opens fine (in a couple of seconds) when I open them from Windows PC via browser. When I open them with IOS App from IPad the loading bar stops nearly the end it looks like it is loading but nothing more happens.  When I try to open the report with Windows 10 App I am even not able to see those reports in the folder structure. In all 3 cases I am using the same user. So its not a security issue.

Does anyone have an idea what could be the problem or how to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance and best regards,
Martin

5 REPLIES 5
mgmeyer
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Opening on-prem Power BI reports in the Window 10 app is not yet available, but from iOS there should be no issue. For the iOS loading issue does the report ever load? Also does this happen for all of your PBI reports or just a specific one? Lastly does the PBI report contain just Custom visuals or does it have other visual types? Which version of the iOS app are you using? Thanks!

Hi mgmeyer,

thanks for your reply. It is with all reports. I tested even an empty report or reports with only one single table but no report opens with the app. But all those reports works fine via browser. It is version 14.2 of the ios app (As I installed it last week I guess it is the latest one).

Best regards,

Martin

Hi Martin,

Please send me an email and we'll contact you to actively investigate it.

gabil@microsoft.com

Thanks,

Gabi

gabil
Employee
Employee

Hi MartinF,

I'm sorry to hear about your problem.

Can you try to connect to the same report on hte iPad using the browser? Does it work for you?

Can you send us more details on the device version, app version?

If possible can you provide us with the user to try connecting ourselves?

Thanks,

Gabi

MartinF
Frequent Visitor

Hi Gabil,

thanks for your reply. Yes when I connect the same report via browser (from IPad) it works fine. The issue is only when I use the Power BI App. The IPad model is md366fd/a and the IOS version is 9.3.3. The power BI app itself has version 14.2.

As the report is available on Power BI Report Server (on premise) and not on the Power BI Cloud Service I can´t provide a user. But when I try to open reports stored in Power BI Cloud Service with the IPad app there is not that issue. The issue is only when the reports are stored on the Power BI Report Server. And as we are currently evaluating this Power BI Report server it would be good to know if and how that can be solved.

Best regards,

Martin

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.