Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

nova
Frequent Visitor

ALM Toolkit - Possible to connect to reports in Report Server

Dear all

I have recently discovered ALM Toolkit and have figured out how to use it with a premium workspace online so that I can push changes in my data model directly to Power BI Service. 

However, I have not yet figured out if it is possible to do the same with Power BI Report Server. Does anyone know?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

No this is not possible. Power BI Report Server does not expose any way of connecting to the datasets for pbix reports. If you want to create a shared dataset on-prem for Report Server you need to host it on a SQL Server Analysis Services instance. (and you can use ALM Toolkit against those)

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

No this is not possible. Power BI Report Server does not expose any way of connecting to the datasets for pbix reports. If you want to create a shared dataset on-prem for Report Server you need to host it on a SQL Server Analysis Services instance. (and you can use ALM Toolkit against those)

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.