cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
diogobellucci Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

(500) Internal server error appears after the publishing process

Hi everyone!

I tried to publish a report when I was logged with my user and the messsage "(500) Internal server error" appeared. This error does not happen when I try to publish the same .pbix file with other user. Is this problem related with my user account? This error first appered last afternoon (GMT +2).

Thank you for your support!

Diogo

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: (500) Internal server error appears after the publishing process

Hi @diogobellucci,

Do you publish .pbix file to PBI Report Server or Power BI Service?

If it is the former, does your account have a Power BI Pro license?

If it is the latter, please log on Power Bi service, upload your pbix files via Get Data -> Files -> Local file to check whether they can be published successfully.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
diogobellucci Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi Yuliana!

Thanks for your reply!

Yes, my account has a Pro Licence (trial).

Today the service is working ok... The "solution" I found was delete some datasets from my workspace. But I think memory is not the problem, because I only used 313 MB of 10GB available so far.

I have no idea what can be...

Diogo

Highlighted
natrolability Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

In my case it was down to some type of file corruption. I managed to fix by exporting it as a PowerBI template (file menu - export) and then reimporting it again which puts it into a blank pbix file. It then was able to re-publish successfully.