Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

diogobellucci
Regular Visitor

(500) Internal server error appears after the publishing process

Hi everyone!

I tried to publish a report when I was logged with my user and the messsage "(500) Internal server error" appeared. This error does not happen when I try to publish the same .pbix file with other user. Is this problem related with my user account? This error first appered last afternoon (GMT +2).

Thank you for your support!

Diogo

7 REPLIES 7
A_random_user
Regular Visitor

I experienced this same issue. For some reason, my Power BI Desktop report had saved with a .xlsx extension instead of the .pbix. When i re-saved it with the correct extension and tried to publish again, the issue was resolved.

apods1979
Helper I
Helper I

Hyperchef1969
Helper V
Helper V

Hi, we also have an error with updating a specific dataset, after our gateway was updated. 

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 ()

I already launched a ticket, but does anyone have an idea what the problem is and how to solve?

milenamocci

Hi, I had the same problem, and we tried to reinstall the program, but it didn't work.

I locked deeply and the file was salved in a dropbox folder, when I salved this file on the desktop I had success and I got to publish it.

I hope it can help someone in the future.

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @diogobellucci,

Do you publish .pbix file to PBI Report Server or Power BI Service?

If it is the former, does your account have a Power BI Pro license?

If it is the latter, please log on Power Bi service, upload your pbix files via Get Data -> Files -> Local file to check whether they can be published successfully.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Yuliana!

Thanks for your reply!

Yes, my account has a Pro Licence (trial).

Today the service is working ok... The "solution" I found was delete some datasets from my workspace. But I think memory is not the problem, because I only used 313 MB of 10GB available so far.

I have no idea what can be...

Diogo

Anonymous
Not applicable

In my case it was down to some type of file corruption. I managed to fix by exporting it as a PowerBI template (file menu - export) and then reimporting it again which puts it into a blank pbix file. It then was able to re-publish successfully.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.