Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JeanMartinL
Advocate II
Advocate II

3rd party options for email subscription

Hello,

One of the most requested feature from our users is the ability to schedule reports by emails, either pdf attachments or simply screenshots.

My understanding is that this is currently impossible on Report Server for Power BI reports (only possible with SSRS reports).

We are currently looking into 3rd party options but I'm having a hard time finding good solutions, so I'm turning to the community for ideas, we can't be the only enterprise with this requirement.

So far I've found the following:

https://powerbitiles.com/?app=PBIRobots : I built a POC with PBI Robots, unfortunately their integration with Report Server is really limited and will not work for our requirements. For exemple the reports need to be publicly available for it to work.

https://go.christiansteven.com/power-bi-report-scheduler : I haven't tried the demo yet but it's really expensive (5x the price of PBI Robots).

Do you know of any other options that I haven't found yet?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
JeanMartinL
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hello @v-xiaoyan-msft,

PBI Services will not work for us, our main operation is at a remote site without real internet connection so everything needs to be on-prem. I understand that Microsoft is pushing hard for their cloud solution but they also need to realise that this is not a universal use case and that On-Premise remains important for many clients.

Thanks,

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JeanMartinL ,

Have you considered using Power BI Services instead of Power BI Reporting Server?

Subscribe to reports and dashboards that matter most to you, and Power BI will email a snapshot to your inbox. You tell Power BI how often you want to receive the emails: daily, weekly, or when the data refresh. You can even set a specific time for Power BI to send the emails or have it run now. Set up to 24 subscriptions per report or dashboard, and provide unique recipients, times, and frequencies for each subscription.

For more information,you can refer to:

Subscribe to a report or dashboard in the Power BI service 

Hope it helps,

Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.