Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Katebrk
Helper I
Helper I

[0] -1056505856: COM error: Microsoft.PowerBI.ReportServer.ASEngineManagedRoot, Datasource

Hello! 

I have the following situation:

I've uploaded my report to Report Server. The data source that I use in report - is Azure SQL Database. Now I am trying to schedule refresh, but the following error occurs: 

question00990.png

SessionID: 6307fae2-ab63-4942-abaa-daa028e***
[0] -1056505856: COM error: Microsoft.PowerBI.ReportServer.ASEngineManagedRoot, Datasource ***.database.windows.net;datawarehouse is not found..
[1] -1056505856: COM error: Microsoft.PowerBI.ReportServer.ASEngineManagedRoot, Datasource ***.database.windows.net;datawarehouse is not found..

I have Report Server January 2021 and Power BI optimized for Report Server. When I refresh data from Power BI optimized for RS, it works fine. When I test the connection in "Data sources" tab, it works fine too: 

question009909999.png

Could please anybody tell me what the problem could be? 

Thank you! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gsprague
Employee
Employee

Hi Kate, we have fixes for various Datasource Not Found issues in the Report Server May 2021 release. Are you able to upgrade to see if this fixes your problem?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I have the same problem with my report. After the update to May 2021 Report server, we have the problem with the scheduled refresh (issue unknown callsite).

gsprague
Employee
Employee

Hi Kate, we have fixes for various Datasource Not Found issues in the Report Server May 2021 release. Are you able to upgrade to see if this fixes your problem?

Hi! We've upgraded Report Server to May 2021 and were able to schedule refresh. 

Thanks!

If you cannot upgrade to May for whatever reason, there is a mitigation that could help:
Solved: Fix for "Datasource XXXXXX Not Found" PowerBI Refr... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Any mitigations for the following error  - [0] -1056505856: COM error: Microsoft.PowerBI.ReportServer.ASEngineManagedRoot, The given data source kind is not supported. Data source kind: UnknownCallsite..

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Report-Server/Power-BI-Server-Jan-2021-Scheduled-Job-Fails-The-give...

Hi, UnknownCallsite is an error message indicating dynamic datasources. Those are not supported for refresh. Here are some docs for further information:

Power BI report data sources in Power BI Report Server - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Power BI report scheduled refresh in Power BI Report Server - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.