Re: Association Rules

1948 Views
Moderator boefraty

Side branch solution for this feature: 
https://github.com/boefraty74/PowerBI-visuals-assorules-1/tree/assorulesWithTextFilters

I added two text parameters, comma separated strings to be searched inside RHS string rule (using OR operator)

CaptureTextFilter1.JPG

CaptureTextFilter2.JPG

surething Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Hi, 

I'm trying to use the R script to create association rules for transaction ID and item reference in PBI. I used the script you have in the example but it didn't seem to work. any idea why?  

Thanks 

Moderator boefraty

It did not fail, it says "No rules generated" .

Try to relax thresholds of the rules. If you can to send me PBIX, I will have a look (boefraty@microsoft.com) 

HowardCC Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I get the same msg when using the Showcase .pbix, "No rules generated"

Tried using different tresholds. I think it's due to using R 3.3.3 / 3.3.2.

Some packages won't load/install under R 3.3.1 using the install-script (were build under R 3.3.3 etc)

Any thoughts?

ironryan77 Member

Great job on this visual!  But I can't figure out how you created your dataset?  I'm looking at the sample PBIX file and it looks like the selected fields are total counts.  So in my PBIX file I counted the total values by creating a measure:

MPPL2 = CALCULATE(COUNT(IRC_Metric_RSA_Refresh[PPL2]), FILTER(IRC_Metric_RSA_Refresh, [PPL2]="AUTO"))

But when I add this measure to the visual in my own PBIX file, it doesn't allow Basic filtering and it doesn't display in my PBIX.  How can I mimic your behavior in my PBIX file?

ironryan77 Member

Also this is the error I'm getting:

association rules error.jpg

Moderator boefraty

Hi ironryan77

Please send me a PBIX, I will see what can be done 

Highlighted
ironryan77 Member

Thanks!

Moderator boefraty

Hi @ironryan77

I am really sorry for late reply Smiley Sad 

Apparently some changes/ updates in "arules" package caused the sub-function  "cleanRedundant" to work diffrently without backward compatability.  We will need to solve it both for R visual and R custom visual.  I will update and ping you after update. 

Please tell us how you draw this table.