Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

sirgov
Regular Visitor

xero

Hi,

I am having a problem getting data from the correct Xero company - there are 7 to choose from. Having gone through the sequence: Get Data/Services/Xero/Connect to Xero/Next, I then do not get the opportunity to select the appropriate Xero company. Instead it defaults to  the first company in the alphabetic list and brings in the wrong dataset.

When I first started using Power BI I did get a choice and got the correct company. I subsequently deleted that dataset and dashboard but when I attempted to replace the same dataset and dashboard I found this problem arose.

Any ideas?

regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

HJi Qiuyun_Yu

Thanks for the response.

I have now found a solution to this. If you put in a nickname you get the results in my initial query. However if you put in the actual Xero company account name you then get the Xero choice screen to select the company you want. 

regards

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sirgov,

Do you mean when you connect to the XERO content, it's default to the first organisation instead typing prefer organisation, right?

Based on my test, I can specify which organisation can be connected to once click Xero >  Get. Also I can select different company when I sign in the XERO. See: 

q4.PNGq3.PNG

In your scenario, please check how many companies you specified within your XERO account.

q5.PNG

Also clear the browser history and cookies then connect to XERO content pack again. Or you can try a different browser to run the Power BI Service to see if you can see the same option like above.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

HJi Qiuyun_Yu

Thanks for the response.

I have now found a solution to this. If you put in a nickname you get the results in my initial query. However if you put in the actual Xero company account name you then get the Xero choice screen to select the company you want. 

regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors