cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

x-ms-continuationtoken not available in header information

Hi there, 

I am trying to create a report like this.

But my Power BI desktop seems to not return the whole header information. I get only the "Content-Type", if I return the whole header.

(Azure DevOps Server 2019 Update 1)

let
    URL = "https://devopsurl.int/tfs/collection/project/_apis/build/builds?api-version=5.1&$top=100",
    Content = Web.Contents(URL),
    AsJson = Json.Document(Content),
    headerdata = Value.Metadata(Content)[Headers]?

in
    headerdata

headerdata:

Content-Type: application/json; charset=utf-8; api-version=5.1

If i paste the URL in Firefox, it shows the header information as following:

ActivityId: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Cache-Control: no-cache
Content-Encoding: gzip
Content-Length: 50235
Content-Type: application/json; charset=utf-8; api-version=5.1
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2021 11:19:43 GMT
Expires: -1
Lfs-Authenticate: NTLM
P3P: CP="XXX XXX XXX XXX XXX XXX XXX XXX XXX"
Persistent-Auth: true
Pragma: no-cache
Vary: Accept-Encoding
X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff
X-FRAME-OPTIONS: SAMEORIGIN
X-Powered-By: ASP.NET
x-ms-continuationtoken: 2019-04-30T09:33:19.2354372Z

Why is it not possible for PowerBI to get those header information, especially the continuationtoken?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Community Support
Community Support

@FlorianKroll 
It is not support, please refer to the solution from HTTP response headers in metadata (microsoft.com).

"Hi Chris. It comes down to security. We limit the headers you're allowed to read to prevent someone from being able to construct a malicious query that reads a user's auth-related header values. We also restrict the header values you're allowed to generate to prevent the possibility of PQ being used for session hijacking."

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Community Support
Community Support

@FlorianKroll 
It is not support, please refer to the solution from HTTP response headers in metadata (microsoft.com).

"Hi Chris. It comes down to security. We limit the headers you're allowed to read to prevent someone from being able to construct a malicious query that reads a user's auth-related header values. We also restrict the header values you're allowed to generate to prevent the possibility of PQ being used for session hijacking."

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power BI Super Users!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite with Arun Ulag

Featured Session Drive Data Culture with Power BI: Vision, Strategy & Roadmap. Register here https://myignite.microsoft.com #MSIgnite #PowerPlatform #Power BI ​

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

secondImage

The largest Power BI virtual conference

100+ sessions, 100+ speakers, Product managers, MVPs, and experts. All about Power BI. Attend online or watch the recordings.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors