Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

GellaiTamas
Helper I
Helper I

wunderground.com - API setup

Hiya!

I'm an intermediate user of PBI and have only a very-very basic understanding on web programming. Now I've been tasked to use the Wunderground API in Power BI. Could someone please get me to the right direction how to make a start on this? Are there any step-by-step guides out there using APIs as data sources and PBI - maybe specifically for Wunderground?

I've been seeking for info on this topic for days but with little success. Have gone through this: https://tektuts.com/power-bi-tutorial-create-a-weather-dashboard/ but Wunderground's API seems to be far more complex to tackle than this.

Thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@GellaiTamas,

You can refer to the following examples.

API Strategies with Power BI
Power BI – Connect to your secure API

In addition, what is the result when you enter your URL in web browser? And what is the error message do you get in Power BI Desktop?

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Mansper23

however aspire to provide their responses concerning My BK Experience Burger King firm usage mybkexperience website to figure out just.

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@GellaiTamas,

You can get started from the following blog. There is an example in the blog about how to connect to the API.

https://www.wunderground.com/weather/api/d/docs

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yuezhe-msft

Dear Lydia,

Thanks for getting back to me. Yes, I've gone through their documentation and tried to apply what I saw but it's not really working.

Though here we are talking about a specific API provider, what I'm really looking for is a step-by-step tutorial which can teach me how to setup an API/web connection in Power BI in general. I've been seeking for a documentation on Microsoft sites as well of course but no luck yet. So I was wondering if someone could get me to the right direction and recommend some online sources.

Thanks,

Tamás  

@GellaiTamas,

You can refer to the following examples.

API Strategies with Power BI
Power BI – Connect to your secure API

In addition, what is the result when you enter your URL in web browser? And what is the error message do you get in Power BI Desktop?

Regards,
Lydia

@v-yuezhe-msft

Hi Lydia,

I've seen the first example. Unfortunately the second is very basic.

I've successfully set up a connection following this example but I'm still a bit unsure about the principles and best practices.

Anyway, after having spent a lot of time seeking for living examples it looks like there is not so much out there... 🙂

Thanks for your your help here!

Cheers,

Tamás

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors