Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

marumsdax
Regular Visitor

where can find key to register data management gateway

Hi All,

Myself Maru, I am new to Power BI; with helpf of little notes available on this forum able to Configure Power BI Gateway Successfully and also created SQL data sources without any issues but i am not sure where can i get key for Data Management Gateway. Once click on Microsoft Data Management Gateway Configuration manager and entered key used to configure Power BIGateway but throws below error message.

" The gateway has encountered an error during registeration".

Event log file displays error messages as -
Can't find assembly System.IdentityModel.Tokens.Jwt, Version=4.0.20622.1351, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35 for unknown source.

Please let me know how to proceed further. Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Maru

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @marumsdax,

Based on my research, to configure Data Management Gateway, we need to get the key from the Azure portal and enter it in Data Management Gateway Configuration Manager.

• If you haven't already created a logical gateway in the portal, to create a gateway in the portal and get the key from the Configure blade.
  • If you have already created the logical gateway in the portal, to get a key by opening Azure portal-> Data Factory-> Linked Services-> Data Gateway-> Download and install data gateway->Recreate key->Copy.

For more information, please refer to this article: Data Management Gateway.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @marumsdax,

Based on my research, to configure Data Management Gateway, we need to get the key from the Azure portal and enter it in Data Management Gateway Configuration Manager.

• If you haven't already created a logical gateway in the portal, to create a gateway in the portal and get the key from the Configure blade.
  • If you have already created the logical gateway in the portal, to get a key by opening Azure portal-> Data Factory-> Linked Services-> Data Gateway-> Download and install data gateway->Recreate key->Copy.

For more information, please refer to this article: Data Management Gateway.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Qiuyun Yu,

Thanks a lot for your response.

I login to Azure Portala but it looks like need to activate subscription to create Data Factory . Is it mandatroy that i need to activate my subscription to enable cloud services and configure data management gateway services . Please confirm me so that i do my research by taking trial subscription and request my client for future subscription once after successful validation with my trial subscription. Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Maru

Hi @marumsdax,

As the issue is more related to Azure currently, I would suggest you post a thread in Azure Forum to get dedicated support.

Thanks for your understanding and support.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors