Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pwhite120
Employee
Employee

webtrends

I'm unable to connect to Webtrends through the Get Data function in Power BI. I put in my account\username and password (which work just fine when logging in to Webtrends through IE), but get an error saying that "failed to update data source credentials: the credentials you provided for the data source are invalid. Please check the credentials for all the data sources"

4 REPLIES 4
Youssef
Employee
Employee

@pwhite120 are you still hitting this issue? If so, i'll reach out offline to help troubleshooting.

Youssef Shoukry
Product Manager, Power BI

I'm still getting this error:

"Unable to Connect

We encountered an error while trying to connect:

Details: "The credentials provided for the Web source are invalid. Please update the credentials through a refresh or in the Data Source Settings dialog to continue. (Source at https://ws.webtrends.com/v3/Reporting/profiles.)""

Example URL: https://ws.webtrends.com/v3/Reporting/profiles/?format=html&suppress_error_codes=true 

I found when I change it to the undocumented "format=csv", it works.

I'm getting the same error. I'm trying to connect our Webtrends account as another data source. I have logged in and out of Webtrends verifying I'm typing in the right password, but when I enter my credentials in Power BI it says "The user was not authorized." Not sure what more I can do to try and connect the two when I've already verified I am putting in the right credentials and can log into Webtrends. 

Any advice from anyone?

jeffshieldsdev
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

I get this too when my URL has "&format=html".  "&format=json" or "&format=xml" doesn't throw this error.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors