Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mas
Helper I
Helper I

urgent: azure && POWER BI

hello

how can i integrate a dashbaord(repports) power bi with azure ?

14 REPLIES 14
zoloturu
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @mas,

What do you mean under 'azure'? Which application from Azure Platform? There are hundreds. Which one do you need?

Regards,
Ruslan

azure Active directory

zoloturu
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @mas,

That is not enough information to give help. 

Here is a Greg Deckler's guide on how to ask a question - 

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490 . Please go through it and post more information on what you need.

Thanks

Regards,
Ruslan

-The question is : how can i change :from power bi pro licence to azure service. How can i use azure cloud to publish powerbi repports?

give me the improtants informations about PowerBI and azure cloud platform

@mas,

It is not possible to change Power BI pro license to Azure Service license, and it is not possible to directly publish PBIX file to Azure Service.

Generally, we can publish PBIX file to Power BI Service,  and Power BI manages the storage of data and metadata of your report using Azure BLOB and Azure SQL Database, respectively.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

hi Lydia

i know this "It is not possible to change Power BI pro license to Azure Service license, and it is not possible to directly publish PBIX file to Azure Service." but..

how can i use platform azure cloud to produce and publish  repports power bi?

zoloturu
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @mas,

I think you are referring to Power BI Workspace Collections - https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Developer/Retirement-of-workspace-collections-Questions-on-how-to-p... , https://www.sqlsaturday.com/SessionDownload.aspx?suid=15657. It is now deprecated. In that case, people were able to work with a report via Azure Cloud. Now it is not possible and all reports should be published in a workspace in Power BI Service.

Regards,
Ruslan
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

thank you ,

there is no solution to use azure to publish/produce repports powerbi? if we can't for power bi , what is the solution to use azure for repporting and BI ?

@mas,

It is not possible to publish Power BI reports to Azure. What specific Azure Service do you use?

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

thank  you @v-yuezhe-msft  but another user understand my question more than you and he answred to me .

zoloturu
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@mas,

Reports are stored on Power BI Service which is using different capacity:

1. If you are Free or Pro user then your reports are on Public Shared capacity.
  2. In case you purchase Power BI Embedded on Azure portal then you have dedicated Azure storage and performance without the impact of other users.
  3. The same if you have Power BI Premium capacity, but this you can buy on Office 365 portal.

Maybe you wanted to have option #2?

See below capacity SKUs to see what Microsoft offers

Premium capacity limitsPremium capacity limits

Regards,
Ruslan

Thank you @zoloturu for your informations .

This phrase <"In case you purchase Power BI Embedded on Azure portal then you have dedicated Azure storage and performance without the impact of other users"> is very importante ,can you explain on details.

zoloturu
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@mas,

Power BI Embedded is a type of capacity (virtual machines) dedicated to you specifically. Once you purchase such one then Azure reserving virtual machines for your reports only. It is one of two Premium capacities (the second one is Power BI Premium).

Once purchased, you go to Power BI Service specific workspace and assign it to Power BI Embedded. 

(To do that press Gear sign on the Power BI Service portal -> Admin portal -> Go to tab Power BI Embedded)

Then you can create a report as usual via Power BI Desktop and publish it to Power BI Service workspace related to this capacity.

Sometimes reports in Import mode can consume up to 10-15 GB RAM, so here we can have a benefit from dedicated capacity. If you have Power BI Embedded A4 SKU (25 GB RAM) then you will be able to refresh such report, otherwise, it will fail.

Additionally, you can pause and start whenever you want it via the Azure portal.

Here are some more details:

Premium capacity limitsPremium capacity limits

Regards,
Ruslan

hi @zoloturu

"Additionally, you can pause and start whenever you want it via the Azure portal" i need informations for this point : can i contrôl my publication from azure portal. and can i share with others users from azure and the users can see the repport shared . ..... what can i do in azure portal?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors