Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DMT_corp
Regular Visitor

undefined

Hi . I have pictures of cities . What code in M language help me in terms putting city's pictures right after it's name. I mean whenever i put name of city, picture of it shoult be cropped next to it  . How can i do that ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BA_Pete
Super User
Super User

Hi @DMT_corp ,

To essentially 'hardcode' this behaviour, you can just insert images into your report by going to the Insert tab > Image.

To do this dynamically, you will need to create a table in Power Query that has a column for image ID (that can be related to any other tables in the model), and a column that contains the full URL as text type to the image, something like this:

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("lc5BCoMwEAXQuwTc1YyNCtoD1E1vICI2SWNo4gRNanv7xoLQTRddzMDnw8xrW6IQlZENOZDRe7ecAIIzOAi66ru2UuiB4qxgS25LwNFanBbwY7BXKKHMofnc6BPGmjj9BRXS5aGAZUXlnumPmrpJke6wE87BmC/FLBfKDQahp2F+0fgVhLQI2g5Kwk16PsLal0UBf7o58HoXm0iJroplxzyNq0xYvdFI170B", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type nullable text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [imageID = _t, URL = _t])
in
    Source

BA_Pete_0-1669638728458.png

Once you apply this to your data model, select the URL column fom the fields list, go to the Column Tools tab > Data Category (dropdown) and select 'Image URL'.

You can now relate your [imageID] column to other tables in your model the same way you would for any other dimension table, and bring the URL column into tables to display the image, like this:

BA_Pete_1-1669638887417.png

Pete

Now accepting Kudos! If my post helped you, why not give it a thumbs-up?

Proud to be a Datanaut!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
BA_Pete
Super User
Super User

Hi @DMT_corp ,

To essentially 'hardcode' this behaviour, you can just insert images into your report by going to the Insert tab > Image.

To do this dynamically, you will need to create a table in Power Query that has a column for image ID (that can be related to any other tables in the model), and a column that contains the full URL as text type to the image, something like this:

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("lc5BCoMwEAXQuwTc1YyNCtoD1E1vICI2SWNo4gRNanv7xoLQTRddzMDnw8xrW6IQlZENOZDRe7ecAIIzOAi66ru2UuiB4qxgS25LwNFanBbwY7BXKKHMofnc6BPGmjj9BRXS5aGAZUXlnumPmrpJke6wE87BmC/FLBfKDQahp2F+0fgVhLQI2g5Kwk16PsLal0UBf7o58HoXm0iJroplxzyNq0xYvdFI170B", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type nullable text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [imageID = _t, URL = _t])
in
    Source

BA_Pete_0-1669638728458.png

Once you apply this to your data model, select the URL column fom the fields list, go to the Column Tools tab > Data Category (dropdown) and select 'Image URL'.

You can now relate your [imageID] column to other tables in your model the same way you would for any other dimension table, and bring the URL column into tables to display the image, like this:

BA_Pete_1-1669638887417.png

Pete

Now accepting Kudos! If my post helped you, why not give it a thumbs-up?

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors