Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

krishna27

undefined

HI everyone,

I have scenario like everyday am getting new data from cloud without refreshing with date has table name if i have to create report based on today's data then for tomorrow data should i have to make new report if that's way it will take long time,is there any way to do this.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @krishna27 ,

Try to use "Relative Path". Please refer to this post: How to change data source dates Dynamically on Month end.

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @krishna27 ,

Try to use "Relative Path". Please refer to this post: How to change data source dates Dynamically on Month end.

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Jimmy801
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello @krishna27 

you could create a Table with dates in on column. You could transform your query into a function, that takes a date as input and then apply this function in a new column. You could also implement a check in your query, that if a date in the future is passed, the query will output null. Then you would have a table where in one column you have date and in another column the output table of your function.

If this post helps or solves your problem, please mark it as solution (to help other users find useful content and to acknowledge the work of users that helped you)
Kudoes are nice too

Have fun

Jimmy

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@krishna27 - Not sure what you are saying here. I read through this numerous times. Here is what I am getting:

1. You are getting new data in every day from some cloud source

2. Something is going on with regard to refreshing that involves a date and a table name, are you saying that the table name is different every day?

3. Whatever is happening has the potential to create a bunch of work/rework every day

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors