Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ThomasBP
Frequent Visitor

tab pages clear

Hello All !

I currently have a problem with PowerBI that I am sure I can solve with your help.
After several glances at Tuto's forum and views, it's not very clear.

I currently have 24 tabs, not all of them used according to the profiles of users.
As a result, it pollutes, it's anxiety-provoking and so on.

The objective being to open these tables to everyone, notwithstanding that the needs are not the same.
So is it possible:

1/ To have a stat feedback according to the tab attendance according to the user accounts?
2/ As on an excel to have a color code per tab
3/ A perhaps more efficient ancillary solution that would allow me to sort the tabs according to demand while keeping all the tables available if necessary?

Because I tried to create an APP with hidden tabs and thus have a certain filter on my tabs but the problem is that if I do that, at each push I will have to do a different push on each app to keep my tabs up to date.

Thanks by advance, 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@ThomasBP,

You can consider to configure bookmarks in the Power BI report.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@ThomasBP,

Do you want to display different report data for users according to their permission? If that is the case, you can define Row Level Security(RLS) roles in your Power BI.

There is also a blog about RLS for your reference.
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Power-BI-Dynamic-Row-Level-Security-Tips-to-get-it-w...

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello 

Thanks for your response !

The problem with that solution is that displaying my reports according to users' permission wouldn't be efficient because users may, sometimes want to see others reports.
As a result, if I manage they rights, they won't be able to see other dashboards.

The idea is to make the information more readable and clearer, help the user to navigate.

I thought 2 kinds of solution without touching administrator rights.

1/ To create a  main Dashboard :

I imagined something like a main page (maybe in a APP), kind of user friendly thing, an interface with severals buttons connected with my dashobards like

E.G : (sorry for the lack of finesse and aesthetics ...)

E.G.png

-  Sales (with 5 boards)
-  Production (with 10 boards)

-  Administrators (9 boards)

The results could permit to navigate through an interface where each button could redirect the user to the relevant boards.

2/ To modify the tabs

Mainly it would introduce a color code that would allow prioritizing the most interesting tables for each user. 

E.G :

exemple 2 pbi.png

Thank by advance,

@ThomasBP,

You can consider to configure bookmarks in the Power BI report.

Regards,
Lydia

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors