cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

status code 416 - Range specified is invalid

I am seeing this error in loading my BLOB table.  This table refresh worked fine until 4/13 or so and started failing.  This works perfectly fine on my desktop but somehow fails to load consistently on the Power BI scheduled and manual refresh.  Any ideas?  

PBI_Error_redacted.jpg

Much appreciate your help.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: status code 416 - Range specified is invalid

@arvindnaik,

Do you get the above error when refreshing dataset in Power BI Service? Have you checked if your Power BI Service overloads?

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I am also facing the same error. Can any one have solution for this..?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

And I am trying to connect to PowerBI Desktop

Highlighted

Hi all,

We are also seeing this error, we have a Azure Blob (only, no other sources) report, running on a scheduled refresh, however this will not refresh either scheduled or through PBI desktop.  We get the same error, the file is only 1.7mb and updated daily, the content looks/remains the same.

If I try to create a blank new .pbix file, setup the query, I can connect to the blob storage account, but when I try to expand the binary field/file it fails with this same error.  

Status code: 416, description: 'The range specified is invalid for the current size of the resource.'.
DataSourceKind=AzureBlobs
DataSourcePath=https://xxxxxxxxxxxx.blob.core.windows.net/reports
Url=https://xxxxxxxxxxxx.blob.core.windows.net/reports/output.csv

Has anyone found an actual fix for this?  The solution here doesn't seem to apply, or I'm not sure where this would be defined.

Highlighted

Just adding that two separate PowerBI scheduled refreshes are now failing, same error, both unchanged in many months.

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

Community Blog

Community Blog

Visit our Community Blog for articles, guides, and information created by fellow community members.

Community Summit Australia – Join Online!

Community Summit Australia – Join Online!

Be a part of the leading Microsoft Business Applications digital event, curated for the APAC community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors