Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jcorbett
Frequent Visitor

sharing sharepoint embedded report with external users

Hi 

I have embeded a powerbi report on a sharepoint site, which is fine for me. 

However, when I share the sharepoint site with a client (external to my sharepoint system) they are asked to login, and then taken to their Power BI portal rather than having the embedded report displayed. 

I have shared the sharepoint site and a dashboard containing the report that I have embedded in the sharepoint site. They all have a Pro account, so this is not the cause of the problem. 

They are also having problems viewing the powerBI report within thier own portal. 

Trying to share the reports externally has been a very frustrating process, so further help on this would be very much apprecaited. 

Thank you in advance!

John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jcorbett,

I got the information from PG, "This is not a supported scenario."

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jcorbett,

I got the information from PG, "This is not a supported scenario."

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-qiuyu-msftAre there any plans to support this? What is the point of having this option available in sharepoint (specifically an embeded power bi item) and not be able to use it? Is it specifically that it's not supported for "external users" for licensing purposes? Or are embedded power bi reports not supported at all in sharepoint?

Regards,

Enoch

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jcorbett,

I can reproduce the issue about external sharing SharePoint embedded on my side, and I will report it internally. Will update to you once I get any feedback.

Regarding the external sharing about the dashboard, user should copy the link from the email which you shared to access the dashboard. rather than normal Power BI web portal. Please refer to this article: When you share your dashboard with people outside your organization.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors