Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gerard-kouadio
Frequent Visitor

restrict access to the Power Query Advanced Editor

Hello, I'm working on a dataset with a column containing the names of several organizations. The idea is to build a global dashboard and give access to each association to consult only its data. There are graphs showing the results of all the organizations at the same time, but I have anonymized so that one organization cannot recognize the data of the other.

From (Modeling then Manage Roles then View As), I can give access to each organization to view only its data. The problem is that if an organization imports the report from power bi service and opens it on its PC computer (locally), it will be able to have access to the advanced editor and see how I have anonymized the data and therefore will be able to have access to all data. how to restrict access to the advanced editor or if there are other solutions, thank you for sharing them with me.

3 REPLIES 3
v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @gerard-kouadio ;

Is your problem solved?  If so, kindly mark the proper reply as a solution to help others having the similar issue and close the case. If not, let me know and I'll try to help you further.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @gerard-kouadio ;

If you set up RLS, each user can only view the corresponding report information, and they cannot edit the report and dataset. If the dataset can be downloaded, RLS is not working. Contrary to the purpose of setting up RLS. In short, if RLS cannot view the information of the dataset, it cannot view the Power Query Advanced Editor. (unless you are an administrator or have editing premiss)

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@gerard-kouadio You can turn off the ability to download reports in the tenant settings.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors