Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

VhayesHP
Advocate I
Advocate I

"There was a temporary error. Please try again later"

Hi -

I have been unable to access my Google Analytics data, very specifically on 1,7,14,28, and 30 day active users. Every other KPI seems to be working (new users, user counts, etc. aggregated by ga:date). Specifically keep receiving the text below; oddly this was working with zero issue through 1/16, and since has been persistent (even with rebuilds/ clean-slate tests). I am running the latest update (feb2019) and have no issues accessing this data directly in GA.

"DataSource.Error: There was a temporary error. Please try again later.
Details:
DataSourceKind=GoogleAnalytics
DataSourcePath=GoogleAnalytics
error=Record"

Thank you in advance for any guidance/help you can provide. It's just a really weird error.

5 REPLIES 5
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @VhayesHP ,

From the error message, it seems a temporary error. 

Could you see the data on 1,7,14,28, and 30 day active users in Google Analytics?

Please have a try with the latest version of power bI desktop 2.67.5404.58 (March 2019).

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Cherry,

Thank you for replying -

• Confirming that I (as of this AM) can see data on 1,7,14,28,and 30 day users within the direct platform (Google Analytics) and that I have the latest version of PowerBI installed
  • I tried and am now getting access errors, specifically: "Expression.Error: Access to the resource is forbidden."
    • This error is now extending to KPIs like "new users" and "number of sessions per user"...but not to Users (e.g. total by ga:date) - this is very odd
    • I did a quick search on the forums (here) and saw the last time people were getting the access error there might have been something on the PowerBI backend?

Let me know what next I should try/test & thank you again.

Edit: I do have a pro account; let me know if this is more appropriate to submit as a ticket.

@v-piga-msftThank you again for your response- I wanted to follow up on my note to see if there was a possible fix/solution to this?

Hi @VhayesHP ,

If you have update the latest version of Power Bi Desktop and still have this error.

I'm afraid that you'd better to submit a support ticket to get the quick answer.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Cherry,

Thank you for replying. Confirming that a) I have the latest (March2019) version of desktop, and b) that I'm still getting this error. I did submit a ticket and while we tried to troubleshoot it, ultimately it appeared to be an issue on the Google Analytics side, with no resolution. I've bypassed this (for now) by simply using another view in GA of our same site that's available (missing historical data prior to Q4 2017 but it's better than 0 and still provides a year+ of data).<-- This is why this is so weird: the GA connector clearly is set up correctly & functioning, even for these KPIs, but in this particular case it just errors out.

If this continues with other web properties I'll re-raise this up.  Thank you for the support; unfortunately no direct resolution for now.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors