cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
d_banduk Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

"Modified By" and "Created By" atrributes from SharePoint Library

I'm creating a dashboard that uses a SharePoint document library as a source. When getting the attributes for each file I don't get a "Created By" or "Modified By" attribute. Is there any way to do this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Moderator v-yuezhe-msft

Re: "Modified By" and "Created By" atrributes from SharePoint Library

Hi @d_banduk,

Do you connect to SharePoint Online Document Library? If that is the case, based on my test, when importing the URL which is like https://yoursharepointsite/_vti_bin/listdata.svc into Power BI Desktop via Get Data>OData Feed entry, I am able to get "Created","CreatedById", "Modified" and "ModifiedById" attributes. Do you want to get these attributes?
Capture1.PNG

If so, please follow the above steps to connect to document library and check if you get the desired results. For more details, please review this blog. After connecting to SharePoint Online Document Library from Power BI Desktop, you are able to create report and publish it to Power BI Service and create dashboard.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Moderator v-yuezhe-msft

Hi @d_banduk,

Do you connect to SharePoint Online Document Library? If that is the case, based on my test, when importing the URL which is like https://yoursharepointsite/_vti_bin/listdata.svc into Power BI Desktop via Get Data>OData Feed entry, I am able to get "Created","CreatedById", "Modified" and "ModifiedById" attributes. Do you want to get these attributes?
Capture1.PNG

If so, please follow the above steps to connect to document library and check if you get the desired results. For more details, please review this blog. After connecting to SharePoint Online Document Library from Power BI Desktop, you are able to create report and publish it to Power BI Service and create dashboard.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

d_banduk Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thank you @v-yuezhe-msft,

This does get what I need. I must say it would be useful and a lot more user friendly if this was added to the 'SharePoint Folder' data connector.

Helpful resources

Announcements
October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Badges

Incoming: New and Improved Badges

Exciting news: We've given our badges an overhaul and added brand news ones.

Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Experience a limitless analytics service built to ingest, prep, manage, and serve data for immediate use in Power BI.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 138 members 1,635 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: