Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

kendalllotz
Regular Visitor

"DataSource.Error: Could not fina a part of the path" Error in Query Editor

I'm reciving this error message when I try to refresh one of my queries. I was able to refresh the data yesterday with no problems. Any advice?

PBI Screenshot1.JPG

5 REPLIES 5
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks, I was also having this issue and your post made me realize the file folders in our Teams share drive had been slightly reorganized. Fixed the issue by opening File > Options & Settings > Data Source Settings > change source for each file.

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@kendalllotz,

I would recommend you connect to the problem Excel file by using Get Data option in a new blank Power BI Desktop file and check if you get errors.

If everything works well, copy the source code in Advanced Editor of the new query, replace the source code of your old query with the copied code, then check if the error goes away.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@kendalllotz Couple things to check. Click the Advanced Editor and that will pull up the M code. You should see the file path listed out like the error. Check to make sure the file path is still valid, did someone change a folder name? If you need to update the path of the excel file, you can just replace the new path in the M code.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Thanks, but the file path has not changed and my other query is refreshing fine and it is a different tab from the same Excel workbook. Any other ideas?

@kendalllotz Something changed in the data that is breaking it... I don't know, the error seems pretty specific. Tab name change?

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors