Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

gdarmohray
Regular Visitor

"Data Source Access Error" one-way transient trust relationships between domains causing problems?

- From powerbi.com, I'm getting the error "There was a data source access error. Please contact contact the gateway administrator"

- When I created the original PBIX file and publish, it reports "Publishing Succeeded. The published report has been configured to use an enterprise gateway"

- The On Premise Data Gateway seems to be setup correctly: "The gateway Model1 is online and ready to be used."

- Note that my user credentials are on one domain (primary company domain), and the server is on a different domain (used for evaluation servers). There is a one-way transient trust between the server domain and the domain being used for user accounts.  The user accounts domain does not trust the server's domain.   Could this be causing the problem?

What other information can I provide that will shed light on why my published Report cannot access the data source?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@gdarmohray,

You would need to set up two way trust relationship between the two domians, or use Map user  name feature in Power BI Service. 

There is a similar blog for your reference.
http://blogs.adatis.co.uk/ustoldfield/post/One-way-Domain-Trust-and-Power-BI

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Lydia, Thanks so much for your response.  That now makes total sense.  I haven't had a chance to try the solution, but the description is most likely the cause of this not working.  Having a one-way transient trust relationships between the domains would prevent the authentication from working.  Thanks!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@gdarmohray,

You would need to set up two way trust relationship between the two domians, or use Map user  name feature in Power BI Service. 

There is a similar blog for your reference.
http://blogs.adatis.co.uk/ustoldfield/post/One-way-Domain-Trust-and-Power-BI

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Lydia, Thanks so much for your response.  That now makes total sense.  I haven't had a chance to try the solution, but the description is most likely the cause of this not working.  Having a one-way transient trust relationships between the domains would prevent the authentication from working.  Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors