Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Simon_29
Helper II
Helper II

"Archive" in Power Query

Hello,

I have a question about the creation, say "archive" in Power Query. I have a "Source Table" as on the screenshote that represents the source data for the "Archive Table" query. Then I have the second table "Analysis Table", which represents the source data for the "Analysis Table" query. Subsequently, these 2 tables merge together and a color is assigned based on the "ID".

Everything is still fine, but if I rewrote the source data "Analysis Table" as shown in the table "Analysis Table 2" (in this case I deleted 2 records) then what would happen in the table "Archive Table merged with Analysis Table 2 ".

However, I would like to create a query that always remembers the values ​​that were assigned to the record - the "Archive Table merged with Analysis Table". This means that even if I delete 2 records in the source data for the "Analysis Table", those that were previously stored and not merged in the merged table will not change to null and the new records I would add will either be append or overwritten. Does anyone have experience with something like this?
archive1.png
I can't find it anywhere. Thank you very much:)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Simon_29 ,

Currently it is not supported in Power Query, each query has its specific query step in Power Query editor and affect with each other. When you change the data source data, the data in the queries would also change.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Simon_29 ,

Currently it is not supported in Power Query, each query has its specific query step in Power Query editor and affect with each other. When you change the data source data, the data in the queries would also change.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Power BI has no memory. You need to do that in the upstream system.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors