Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PiyushH1
Helper I
Helper I

parameters to use as Slicer

Hi Team,

Haapy New Year !!!

I am working on currency exchnage rate BI report.  i have set up GBP, EUR &CNY as parameters , means when i select any of these three currency then rest of the currency i.e , LIRA , INR,PLN etc ...will convert automatically.

but , using parameters  then apply chnages it's take long time.

is there any way we can use parameters in Slicer to to get filter done very quicky ?

2nd question is , while i am pubilisin BI service , i cannot do sehedule reference due below error ? - can you please help me ?

" Query contains unsupported function.Function name : Web.Contents"

Regards,

Piyush

6 REPLIES 6
Jimmy801
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello

have you been able to solve the problem with the replies given?

If so, please mark it as solution (to help other users find useful content and to acknowledge the work of users that helped you)
Kudoes are nice too

All the best

Jimmy

Jimmy801
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello @PiyushH1 

A happy new year also to you.

I don't know how your data model is looking like and what exactly you mean by parameter (parameter of power query?).

I would suggest to create a new table with the exchange rate, and implementing an disconnected slicer. A measure can then change the exchange rate due to slicer selection. And it works pretty fast.

Here i prepared a example file for you link 

If this post helps or solves your problem, please mark it as solution (to help other users find useful content and to acknowledge the work of users that helped you)
Kudoes are nice too

Have fun

Jimmy

Hi Jimmy,

Thank you for your update.

Yes, parameter is from power query.

I am using below code on exchange rate 

let
    Source = (Date as text) => let
        C=currency,
        Source = Json.Document(Web.Contents("https://api.exchangeratesapi.io/" & Date & "?base="&C&"")),
        rates = Source[rates],
        #"Converted to Table" = Record.ToTable(rates),
        #"Renamed Columns" = Table.RenameColumns(#"Converted to Table",{{"Name", "Currency"}, {"Value", "Rate"}})
    in
        #"Renamed Columns"
in
    Source

Hello

I would suggest to create a static table with exchange rates that are then updated with your query that is then used by the measure to calculate it

Jimmy

hello,

is it possible for you to show me example ? as i am new in Power BI.

Hello

I've appended a file in my first post where you can get an idea how the measure could look like. The example however has multiple currency types on both sides

Br

Jimmy

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors