Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

IADRIANS

pagination problem import

Hi, im trying to import register form an url with the API authorisation and I just can import the first 100 register. Im using a list of page and then a function that call this list in order to import all the register and everything was working well. The problem is that now, the url has change its pagination method and does not use the parameter "page" anymore. Now it uses the parameter "created_before". So i need to indicate the "id" of the last register in order to know from wich register i have to continue my import. Another problem is that the url does not return the register ordered, so a have to know the lower value of th id in each query to use it as a parameter for the following query.

Anybody who help me please?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
IADRIANS

ThanK you for your posts, I finally find a solution using a function with Loop and calling the function again!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
IADRIANS

ThanK you for your posts, I finally find a solution using a function with Loop and calling the function again!!

mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

Please see this video for a simpler way to apporach this.

Power BI - Tales From The Front - REST APIs - YouTube

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

Thank you for your reply Pat,

The problem is that with the API of my url i don.t get the pagination information.  Im not high skilled with Query M and is dificult to me to understand how to use the value of a record in the next cycle.

As i posted before a need to import the records form my url. I have a limit of 100 records by query. So I had to use the lower value of the "Id" field to recuperate the next 100 records. I would like to limite the querys to 50 (for instances) in ordert to not importing a huges amount of records (just 100x50).

I will appreciate a lot your help. (If you have a code that i could use as an exemple it woul be very worht for me)

Thank you in advanced,

Ignacio

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors