Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

on premises gateway woes

We have installed a data gateway on premises - windows 2016 -  but when it comes to scheduling an update on a report, it does not show the gateway even though the user has been added to that connection on the gateway. and when you go to manage gateways you can see the gateway.        

When you do a refresh now / scheduled refresh it says edit credentials and then when you go into edit it just hangs.

any ideas here. help.  The sources are excel files in a folder on the network on prem.    

There a few things going on here

1. the ad acccounts are not mapped to the office 365 accounts

2. The credentials in the gateway are a 365 account

3. the credentials in the data source are an ad accounDatasets Screenshot.pngManage Gateway - 1.pngManage Gateway - 2.pngManage Gateway - 3.png

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @vanessafvg,

In your scenario, as the data gateway is not available and personal gateway is not installed, it's not able to edit credential and enable schedule refresh.

From the images, it seems that the dataset has three data sources, one Folder and two different File data sources (.xlsx and .csv). While under data gateway, only one Folder and one File data sources created. Please make sure two File data sources added under data gateway for .xlsx and .csv like below, then dataset should be able to use data gateway.

z2.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @vanessafvg,

In your scenario, as the data gateway is not available and personal gateway is not installed, it's not able to edit credential and enable schedule refresh.

From the images, it seems that the dataset has three data sources, one Folder and two different File data sources (.xlsx and .csv). While under data gateway, only one Folder and one File data sources created. Please make sure two File data sources added under data gateway for .xlsx and .csv like below, then dataset should be able to use data gateway.

z2.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-qiuyu-msftyeeha!  you got it, thanks that solved the problem.

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

anyone got any insights at all here?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors