Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

SobralDavid
Frequent Visitor

on premises gateway offline for Users

Hi,

I have an issue since, 2 or 3 days only.
My gateway is configured since several months, and now the users see the gateway in "offline".
The rights are correct, each datasource are setuped correctly, the users see the gateway but in offline mode.
When i try with an account administrator of the gateway, the gateway appear online.
I suspect a powerbi update ;-(
Thanks for your helps
David

powerbi_error.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi All,

For me the issue is solved this morning without any modification on my side.

And for you @sayaliredij ; @rubensalvador and @Salonic ?

Thanks

David

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
rubensalvador
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi  @SobralDavid@Salonic@sayaliredij, @Anonymous, @xavgrob

I'm experiencing some gateway problems today when assigning a gateway to the datasets. Any of you having the same issues?

gateway error.png

br

Rúben

@rubensalvador, Yes I have the same issue this morning... Smiley Sad It's quite a nightmare this gateway ...

Hi,

yesterday I opened a ticket to Microsoft and I was contacted and they took some logs from our environment. Today I can see this announcement in https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

errorUntitled.png

I hope they get this fixed soon.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rubensalvador  Coincedently yes.  I just ended a call with a staff member where we got this issue.  In our case we had 3 SQL databases in the project but only 1 of them existed in the gateway.  Normally Power BI wouldn't allow you to select this gateway unless 100% of the datasources exist in the gateway.  Recent editions allow you to refresh cloud sources through the gateway so its likely possible this new symptom is related to that.

My advice is to open the Project in your Power BI desktop, find the "Edit Queries" button, which has a drop arrow.  Click on the drop arrow and select "Data Source Settings".  Make sure each entry in this list is captured identically in your gateway.  This being that any server/database names are identical.  If they are referenced by IP address or Servername that you use the same method.  If the sources are on a network folder, make sure they are in the format of "//Server/Folder" instead of "C:\Folder\"

@Anonymous, I'm not in your situation of multiple sources and have the issue. Nobody can publish or change a report already published. Any idea of the cause ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

In our case, once we got all of the data sources corrected in the gateway, that error went away.

rubensalvador
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi all,

@sayaliredij is right.

online and offline in gateway cluster.png

Hello,

Same issue here,

And like usually :

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/fr-fr/support/

"No known issues: Power BI is running smoothly"

@Anonymous

Hi All,

For me the issue is solved this morning without any modification on my side.

And for you @sayaliredij ; @rubensalvador and @Salonic ?

Thanks

David

Hi,

seems to be working now!

best regards

Rúben Salvador

Yes. it has started working properly now

Thanks 🙂

Same here, the issue is solved.

It should be great if someone from Microsoft could explain what happened.

sayaliredij
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

We are facing same issue. Gateway appears online for admin and offline for users

Any update?

Anonymous
Not applicable

When was the last time you patched your On-Premise Data Gateway to the latest version?  Could you simply have an outdated and unsupported version?

Newest versions can be found from:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/on-premises-data-gateway-april-update-is-now-available/

Hi Ross73312,

Yesterday i have updated my gateway with the last version (from the version 14.16.6480.1. to the version 14.16.6670.1.)

I have the same issue.

David

xavgrob
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi,

We've exactly the same issue and it's very surprising for users who publishes reports as they believe there's a global shutdown of the datagateway. As a consequence they don't publish saying to themselves it won't work !!

Please help

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors