Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jlacroix

on premise gateway data sources dosen't show up under data sets

Hello everybody,

I've setup the on-premise gateway and created two ODBC data sources.

Everything seems to work (thats what PowerBI is trying to tell me) but despite the corret users and data sources privacy level settings, the data sources dosent shows up in the Datasets, as you can see on the sreenshots below.

Somebody has an Idea what i'am missing here?

Thanks for your support.

Regards

Julien

3 REPLIES 3
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jlacroix,

After you create a ODBC data source in on-premise data gateway, we need to go to the dataset which connects to this ODBC data source, then set it use the data gateway.

From your images, I notice that there is no dataset in your Power BI Service. You need to create a report in Power BI Desktop, which use the same ODBC data source as the one created in data gateway, make sure connection string is the same. Then publish this report to service. Then you can go to the dataset settings, select the data gateway for the dataset like below:

q7.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
alanhodgson
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hey @jlacroix,

In Desktop this is done here: Get Data > ODBC

Capture11.PNG

Check out these articles for more information:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-desktop-data-sources/

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-desktop-connect-to-data/

Hope this helps,

Alan

Hello Alan,

thanks for your support but if I do this, I'll just see the local configured ODBC connections of the workstation from which I'am using Power BI Desktop.

But I wont see the ODBC Data Sources I've configured on the "on premise gateway".

yours

Julien

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors